Mobile has become an integral part of our lives and consistent use of smartphones in daily life brings forward an idea for the development of this technology for marketing and advertising. Mobile isn’t just the future; it has revolutionized business. Mobile devices are a key communication tool for most consumers worldwide.

More than 50% the world’s population has a mobile phone and there are 9 new mobile phone users added every second. Isn’t that amazing?

Mobile marketing has evolved into a revolutionary marketing tactic in the business world. It introduces an easier and better way to communicate directly with customers and advertise products. eCommerce businesses can be easily enhanced. Physical stores can also uses mobile marketing for providing services and advertising by saving your number to notify you about special products and discounts offers.

What is Mobile Marketing?

Mobile marketing is the art of marketing your business to appeal to mobile device users. Done right, mobile marketing provides customers or potential customers using smartphones with personalized, time- and location-sensitive information so that they can get what they need exactly when they need it, even if they’re on the go.

It is a multi-channel, digital marketing strategy aimed at reaching a target audience on their smartphones, tablets, or other mobile devices, via websites, email, SMS, MMS, social media, and apps.

Mobile Marketing

 

The history of mobile marketing dates back to the time when the first commercial mobile SMS and shortcodes were launched in 2003.

Pontiac and Nike were the first two brands that launched SMS campaigns in 2005. This was the time when both brands realized that mobile marketing is the future because people were crazy about mobile phones.

Today, 89% of mobile time is spent on apps while the remaining 11% is spent on websites. This is the number one reason why 71% marketers say that mobile marketing is core to their business, while 68% brands have integrated mobile marketing into their overall marketing strategy.

Effective mobile marketing means understanding your mobile audience, designing content with mobile platforms in mind, and making strategic use of SMS/MMS marketing and mobile apps.

Mobile Marketing Strategy

Mobile technology is all about customization and personalization, which means mobile marketing is, too. Mobile marketing includes a whole set of activities that are linked to the business strategy and overall marketing strategy. Every brand and organization should develop its own unique mobile strategy based on the industry and target audience. 

A mobile marketing strategy is not a stand-alone effort, rather it is a large chunk of any marketing campaign—and its importance is only growing. From email, to advertising, to SEO, to content, to social media marketing, there is a mobile marketing channel to reach every part of your audience where they are most comfortable.

Optimizing your website and email sends for mobile devices, taking advantage of the SMS and MMS channels, and building native apps for your most highly engaged audience are all big projects. Start by updating your buyer personas to get a better idea of where the majority of your target audience spends its mobile time. That will give you your start line, and the rest will fall into a logical order.

We can help you launch a successful mobile marketing campaign to connect, communicate and keep your customers coming through the door again and again, and ensure that your mobile marketing campaign is gives you the highest return on your marketing investment.

Optimizing your marketing strategy for mobile will give your brand an edge over the competition. Don’t wait—get in touch to go mobile today!

You can change your mind at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of any email you receive from us or by emailing us at [email protected] We will treat your information with respect and will never sell it to a third party. Click to review our Privacy Policy.

You can change your mind at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of any email you receive from us or by emailing us at [email protected] We will treat your information with respect and will never sell it to a third party. Click to review our Privacy Policy.