Are you extremely detail oriented? In this role of graphic designer and visual content developer, you will work on site in Chandigarh, India. Successful candidate will work for about 3 months or longer with potential to become full-time.
We are looking for an in-house graphics designer and visual content developer to aid our in-house writing department. You will be responsible for creating new original copy for client needs, either on schedule or as necessary. Reporting directly to the creative director, you will also be responsible for new copy materials for our website (e.g., new niche pages, case studies, etc.) as part of the site’s expansion and eventual redesign.
Job duties include
- Read client websites and research each client’s Unique Value Prepositions to thoroughly understand their product/industry and what they offer
- Edit keyword phrases into client copy on a monthly schedule — choosing the right keywords and writing new original copy when necessary for length or clarity
- Maintain combined phrases-per-page/sitemaps for clients without previously established phrases-per-page maps (Indicating what keywords are chosen by you or the SEO team for each page)
- Creation of copy materials – these might include promotion verbiage, blog posts, articles, landing pages, web pages, e-book chapters, etc.
- Post to client blogs in cases where we are responsible for adding content
- Edit client copy — this may be edits to copy written in-house or edits to copy provided by the client
- Create content development strategies and/or editorial calendars to present to clients (usually at start of contract)
- Analyze client websites and social media profiles as compared with those of their direct competitors and present the information in report form
- Previous professional experience as a visual content developer in an ad agency or similar environment.
- A portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of web design best practices and an ability to craft unique user experiences
- Strong graphic, typography and web 2.0 design skills
- Ability to prototype/wire frame
- Experience in utilizing new technologies to create better results (such as web fonts, HTML5, CSS3)
- At home in Adobe Creative Suite (CS4-CS5.5) Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator (InDesign a plus)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and independently prioritize tasks.
- Ability to come up with your own inputs and visual preferences without spoon fed instructions
- Ability to work with others like social media analysts & understand their need / visual goals
This is not a project-by-project set-up.
You will work directly with the creative director and have access to all other team members for collaboration. We have a hybrid virtual working environment so you can work wherever and whenever you want – meeting deadlines and scheduled collaboration time are the only requirements. Initially the position will be 90% virtual and then 75% in the fall.
To be considered for this role, Please include your portfolio link/attachments IN YOUR RESUME!!!! It will not be reviewed without one.
We endeavour to have only outstanding employees. We would like to build a team of the very best and build a culture of creativity and self-discipline, freedom and responsibility. We don’t care about your qualifications, your work history, or any of the standard criteria used in hiring processes. We’re looking for stunning colleagues who work as a team, help each other out, and bring passion and enthusiasm to work every day.
Sounds like you?
Get in touch with us right away! Write to us at [email protected]
– We will get back in touch with you
– If you fit the initial criteria we’ll meet and have an informal chat (and schedule a technical interview for later)
– You will be asked to share some samples of work, writing or basic assignments involving digital marketing tasks
– Conformation – this could be quite quick or take a while depending on how quickly we’re looking in to fill this position. Opportunities open up every couple of weeks so if you’ve been shortlisted as a finalist you get priority anytime something opens up.
- Only candidates in Chandigarh need apply.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers