WordPress Designer and Developer
at iEntrepreneur (View all jobs).
Part Time or Full Time: Either
Location: Chandigarh | Remote Available
Experience: 2+ years
Salary: Best in industry, based on experience
iEntrepreneur is looking for a passionate and experienced WordPress developer (back end) with design experience.
What’s Important to Us
- Strong and diverse portfolio that demonstrates impactful website design.
- Comfortable working with relational databases like MySQL
- Experience implementing diverse plug-ins.
- Experienced in building B2B and B2C websites for clients.
- Professional experience in implementing SaaS and open source eCommerce platforms.
- Proficiency in building websites in WordPress and within the Elementor website building platform.
- Works well with others and is a team player.
- Is up to date on the latest UI/UX trends.
- Can implement standard design principles within website builds.
- Curiosity and motivation to improve — we’re always looking for opportunities for development and growth
- Collaboration, team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problem solving to make us more effective
What You’ll Do
- Develop front-end strategy and implementation on websites as well produce internal projects.
- Ensure that they are both functional, creative, unique, and well-structured from a UI/UX standpoint.
- Be able to think through simple design principles when making changes to current clients’ websites as well as simple layouts (rooted in UI/UX) for new sites.
- Our experienced designers will take the lead in design but we want to ensure that this person has an eye for design as well.
- Stay up to date on best practices and best-in-class work to continue to position our team as creative thinkers.
- Research, test, and implement plug-ins that allow for development efficiencies.
- Work with back-end and full stack developers to ensure each site is user-friendly and functions properly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- 2+ years of experience either at an agency, freelancing, or working client-direct.
- Ability to project manage.
- Extensive WordPress experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to thrive in a team environment.
- Desire to learn and grow from skilled designers and developers.
This position requires a highly-motivated, results-oriented individual with a can-do attitude and the ability to tackle almost any challenge. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple accounts at once. Complete project documentation, follow-through, and communication to both management and clients is a MUST!
Being a great programmer is only the beginning. To be successful in this position, you must have an in-depth understanding of how UX, conversion, SEO practices, business objectives, and development all work together to drive the goals of the client. You may work on many projects at one time from large state projects to e-commerce, so switching between tasks in a fast-paced environment is important.
* Candidates may be required to submit a work sample or complete an assessment.
We are a full-scale digital marketing agency that provides premium services to our clients. Our team consists of digital marketers that are highly skilled and produce quality, effective results that our clients have come to expect. This position will be no exception. The focus should always be on solutions that achieve the clients’ goals over personal preference or style.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.